Treatments for depression
Depression treatments generally comprises of depression medication, Psychological treatment, and self-help. It also includes family & friends helping the depressed person.
- In Mild depression treatment following treatment of depression should be followed: –
- If one has mild depression, your doctor will wait to see if your depression improves by itself. Doctor checks your progress in next counseling.
- Doing exercise is one of the important ways of treating depression which is mild.
- In mild depression talking with others especially your friends is a recommended way of getting help for depression
- Curing depression which ranges from mild to moderate following treatments for depression should be administered: –
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is one off the talking therapy of curing depression. It helps you to understand your own feelings and thoughts and explains the effect of these on you. It is one of effective cures for depression.
- Interpersonal therapy emphasizes on your relationships with others and the problems you are facing in that relationship. It instills into you ways of how to treat depression.
- Counseling helps you to find out ways of dealing bad situations in your life which is leading you to depression.
- Moderate to Severe depression treatment (basically clinical depression treatment)
Treatment for severe depression includes the following ways of curing depression: –
- Antidepressants or anti depression drugs for depression are the medications for depression which are used to cure the depression symptoms. There are various types of antidepressants like Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) and monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) etc. used as medication for depression.
- In case of severe depression help, antidepressants can be combined with the talking therapy. It is an effective way of depression help for persons suffering with extremely severe depression.
- If one needs extremely severe depression help, your doctor may refer you to a team of psychologist, psychiatrists, and therapists.
- Helping someone with depression: How to help depression can be very difficult for the family or friends of the depressed person. Here is a list of few things that can help with depression : –
- Just be there with the depressed person in there bad times to provide help for depression.
- Don’t pass any judgmental statements or criticize the depressed person
- Comparisons of depressed person with others should not be done.
- Being patient with them is giving them help with depression.
- Don’t just give them advice but ask them in what way they can help them.
- Postpartum depression treatment includes counseling, medication for depression and hormone therapy which includes estrogen replacement.
Apart from these, there are treatment centers for depression which are depression rehab centers which provides various facilities for helping the depressed person. In depression treatment centers, there are an expert team of psychologists, psychiatrists to provide depression help. Thus one can refer help depression centers if they want quick recovery.