Excessive hair loss can scare a woman and force her to evaluate what causes hair thinning. There are many reasons for hair thinning. Thinning hair causes include medical conditions, hormonal factors and other medication one is taking.
- Telogen effluvium: It occurs after pregnancy, major surgery or any shock kind of state in which woman hair loss occurs.
- Hereditary hair lossing: Sometimes hair loss occurs due to our genetics that is it is hereditary. This kind of hair loss is also called androgenetic alopecia. This is the major reason what causes hair to fall out.
- Thyroid: Thinning hair can be caused from thyroid disease. Hypothyroidism is too little of thyroid hormone is the cause of thinning hair.
- Anemia: Anemia is a condition where blood doesn’t have enough Red blood cells which are caused by either deficiency of iron or heavy periods. Anemia is one of the reasons for hair loss in woman.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome: This syndrome which is caused by hormonal imbalance is one the reasons of thinning hair on scalp and can show increase in hair growth elsewhere on body.
- Lupus: It is a disease in which body own immune system attacks body’s healthy tissues. This disease causes hair losing.
- Alopecia areata: It is a disorder in which immune system attacks the hair follicles. This is what causes hair thinning in both men and women.
- Skin conditions like dandruff, fungal infections cause thinning hair.
- Certain hairstyle which pulls hair tightly is exactly what is the cause of losing hair in many women.
So when you are wondering why is my hair thinning, consider the above reasons to evaluate and take thinning hair treatment and take measures how to prevent hair fall out. You can also consult dr for hair loss if hair fall is excessive.